We are excited to welcome you back to campus for the 2016-2017 school year! Review the website’s school calendar here for upcoming events and important dates. Download a PDF of key school calendar dates here. Download a copy of our Early Childhood classroom forms here. Please make note of the following KEY DATES this month:
- Middle School Forum, September 8th
- New Family Dinner, September 16th
- Back to School Night, September 22nd
BACK TO SCHOOL CHECKLIST
Forms outlined below may be delivered to the school office, or to our table at the HSO Welcome Coffee.
- Please note that correspondence with the school office, including NOTIFICATION OF A LATE ARRIVAL OR ABSENCE, should be communicated to email@example.com or at 847/256-0644. Please make a note of this contact information for use throughout the school year.
- HOMEROOM ASSIGNMENTS were shared via SFX School News email on Sunday, August 21st.
- Update your contact information in the SFX FAMILY DIRECTORY by logging into your SFX Family Directory account, or by confirming your entry through the secure link sent to your email in late July. If you have never logged in before, or if you have forgotten your password, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Those who prefer to update their directory information using a paper form may download the form below. If you have already checked your account online, you do not need to turn in a paper form. Hard copies of the directory will be sold for $5 each at the end of September, while the app is always free and up-to-date.
VISIT THE DIRECTORY TO UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION ONLINE UPDATE YOUR DIRECTORY LISTING WITH THE PAPER FORM
- All families are expected to regularly review the SFX NEWSBLAST and periodic updates from their students’ CLASSROOM BLOGS. Note that classroom communications with students in 5th-8th grade are managed primarily through EDMODO, although infrequent news is also shared through the Middle School Bulletin and the 6th-8th grade news blogs. 5th grade homeroom teachers share a weekly update through their classroom blogs.
- Please register for our blogs and confirm your Newsblast subscription. An up-to-date online subscription form is available here. You can also visit many of our homeroom teachers on Twitter here.
VISIT THE NEWSBLAST FOR UPDATES VISIT EDMODO
- Letters from the Principal and occasional updates on school events and activities are shared through the SFX SCHOOL NEWS. One email per household is automatically registered for this system. If you are not receiving SFX School News emails, or would like to add an additional household email to our list at any time, please contact email@example.com.
- Please add the following addresses to your email contacts/address book to ensure that your email provider is not discarding our school communications to you: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All necessary MEDICAL & DENTAL FORMS are located on our Office Forms & Information page. An updated overview of health requirements for the 2016-2017 school year can be found below indicating which exams and information must be complete and on file in the school office by the first day of school. After Friday, September 30th, students who are still not in compliance will not be permitted to attend school until all outstanding medical forms have been submitted.
DOWNLOAD HEALTH REQUIREMENTS OVERVIEW
- AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS will run from September 19th through October 31st. Catalogs and registration forms will be available the week of August 29th. Watch for details in the Newsblast.
- SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS are located at the bottom of the School Supplies page. Families who did not purchase online through Edukits are invited to buy supplies through any retailer. Please note that brands listed by Edukits are not required; any brand is acceptable.
DOWNLOAD SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS
- Visit our Lunch Program page to learn more about our HOT LUNCH SERVICE with Quest, and how and when to place orders for your K-8 students. Order instructions and a program overview are posted to this page. New this year: all K-8 students will be required to open a hot lunch account. Contact email@example.com if you need your student’s unique student ID# to set up your Quest account and place orders. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEARN ABOUT HOT LUNCH AT SFX
- 8TH GRADE PIZZA DAY is back! All Lunch Bunch through 8th grade students may order a pizza lunch from Domino’s one Monday every month throughout the school year. Proceeds from this fundraiser help to fund our 8th grade class activities. Please make a note of the exact dates for these special lunches on your calendar at home; they are noted on the form attached below, and on the SFX School calendar.
DOWNLOAD THE PIZZA DAY FORM
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE will again be offered this year for 3 Year Old preschool through 8th grade students. Before Care is a free, drop-in service available to all families with coverage from 7:30-8am daily. Students should meet at the main doors at 7:30am; late arrivals should proceed to the sport court or the gym, depending on weather conditions. After Care is available from 3-5:30pm daily and is $14 per hour, per family (please note this new cost). Please visit the Before and After Care page for more information, and for links to register. While same day registration is available, we ask that you also notify the office of all late registrations (in addition to filling out our online form). Before and After Care programs begin on Thursday, August 25th (Monday, August 29th for Early Childhood students). Contact email@example.com with questions.
VISIT THE BEFORE AND AFTER CARE PAGE
- Visit our Athletics page for 5TH-8TH GRADE ATHLETIC REGISTRATION, medical permission forms, and our Athletics Handbook. If you have not already turned in your registration form and your child still wishes to participate on an SFX team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and submit outstanding forms to the office. An Athletic Permission Form must be on file in the school office prior to participation in any athletic events next fall.
DOWNLOAD 5TH-8TH GRADE ATHLETIC REGISTRATION DOWNLOAD THE ATHLETIC PERMISSION FORM
- GRANDPARENTS’ (& GRANDPEOPLES’) DAY is scheduled for Friday, October 7th. Please share the link below with your child’s special guest, or register him/her yourself prior to the event. We also invite Grandparents to register to receive the Grandparent e-newsletter through the Grandparent page.
REGISTER FOR GRANDPARENTS' DAY
- Grades and attendance information is available online for parents of students in 5th-8th grades though POWERSCHOOL. Contact email@example.com if you need information necessary to log into your existing Powerschool account. New families will receive account log-in invitation by mid-September.
LOG INTO POWERSCHOOL
- Preschool families may sign-up for LUNCH BUNCH and ENRICHMENT during the 1st Quarter (through October 28th) below. Parents may opt to add or drop dates on a quarterly basis throughout the school year. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- SFX families may ORDER MILK by downloading the form below. Students may choose to receive 2%, skim or chocolate milk for a nominal fee. If you would like your child to receive milk during the lunch period throughout the school year, complete the milk order form and deliver a check to school (see form for details). Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
DOWNLOAD MILK REGISTRATION FORM
- We ask that all parents please fill out a FAMILY EMERGENCY INFORMATION CARD. Please stop by the office to fill out a new form or “approve” your existing form already on file for continued use.
- Please sign and return the SFX POLICIES FORM indicating your compliance with our 2016-2017 Tuition Policy, Media and Publicity Policy, Technology Acceptable Use Policy, and Parent-Student Handbook as well as with our Uniform Policy and Annual Giving Campaigns overview once the handbook has been released. This will be shared through an SFX School Newsblast soon. Information about our Scrip Program, which should also be reviewed, may be accessed below.
- The HSO’s SCRIP program allows parents to purchase gift cards either online or through the school office to be used at popular retailers including Jewel, Gap, Dennis, and more. A percentage of each card comes back in the form of a credit that is split between your personal Smart Tuition bill and the HSO. Families who regularly purchased SCRIP cards last year earned up to several hundred dollars in credit toward their students’ tuition bill. Please consider placing a monthly standing SCRIP order. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SCRIP HERE
- For more information about our PICK UP AND DROP OFF PROCEDURES through the school parking lot, visit the Policies page of the website and scroll to the bottom. Maps and an overview of our parking lot are located under “Traffic Procedures.”
- CRUSADER COMMUNITY T-SHIRTS are on sale now in anticipation of our Fall Field Day in September. Shirts will be available online for purchase through Friday, September 2nd. Email email@example.com for your child’s assignment/team color.
PURCHASE A CRUSADER COMMUNITY TSHIRT HERE
- The SFX SCHOOL UNIFORM policy and a Dennis Uniform guide (detailing mandatory K-8 uniform and optional JK uniform) can be found on the Policies page of the website. Students may also purchase a fleece pull-over sold through Dennis Uniform. Please note that this fleece pull-over may not be worn on mass days; students will still be required to wear a vest when attending mass.
DOWNLOAD THE UNIFORM POLICY DOWNLOAD THE DENNIS UNIFORM GUIDE VISIT DENNIS ONLINE