St. Francis Xavier is engaged in an exciting capital campaign that finds its roots in the Archdiocesan effort, To Teach Who Christ Is. Significant work was done to articulate a vision for campus planning in 2014. The campaign committee has advanced this initial strategic work to yield an inspirational, cost efficient and effective plan for the campus that includes the following elements:
- relocation of the preschool to the Xavier Room
- refurbishment and repurposing of the parish building to create open, modern, community space on the first floor,
- redesign of the second floor of the parish building to create more modern and efficient workstations better suited to the needs of office staff,
- construction of an expanded gym/community center to accommodate new learning and meeting spaces,
- new and more accessible kitchen facilities,
- an open and inviting multi-purpose atrium space,
- four new classrooms to better meet the current needs of our school and PREP programs
dedicated music/arts space
- a library/multimedia center equipped for the technology and presentation needs of our many learning constituents.
These newly defined spaces will work harder and better for our many ministries, our vibrant PREP program and our thriving school. St. Francis is particularly excited to introduce inviting and accessible community space to its current parish office building, offering a more natural extension for congregation and fellowship in close proximity to the church.
The school and parish communities are grateful to the many parishioners who have donated and provided input. Parish commitments to Haiti and to the Archdiocese’s To Teach Who Christ Is campaign are fully funded. With this in mind, gifts pledged to SFX’s Faith in Action will stay right here at St. Francis to provide the facilities deserving of our vibrant, active parish and school. We are excited about what this transformation of our campus will provide our parish and school communities with regard to how we learn, teach, serve and minister.
With the support of a generous matching gift challenge, the SFX community reached the 90% funded goal necessary to begin construction in the spring of 2018. Review our final recap of the matching fund challenge shared here on March 1, 2018. Work continues to raise the remaining dollars to complete fundraising behind Faith in Action.
If you are interested in learning more, would like to join us for a small group or one-on-one presentation, or wish to see an overview of naming opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the committee’s priority to make this information accessible to all members of our parish, school and alumni communities. Gifts of all sizes, large and small, are welcomed and appreciated.
A list of committee members and contact information can be found below.VIEW CAMPUS PLANS LEARN MORE ABOUT TO TEACH WHO CHRIST IS DOWNLOAD THE FAITH IN ACTION PLEDGE FORM DONATE TO FAITH IN ACTION NOW
FAITH IN ACTION COMMITTEE
Treasurer, Tony Krizman (email@example.com)
Colleen Barrett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Claire Belton, email@example.com
Karen Holmberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rich & Bridget Kirkendall, email@example.com
Jeff Later, firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Maguire, email@example.com
Josh & Joann Teuber, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Vallace, email@example.com
Pete Marino, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack McDonagh, email@example.com
Paul Pasin, firstname.lastname@example.org