St. Francis Xavier is engaged in an exciting capital campaign that finds its roots in the Archdiocesan effort, To Teach Who Christ Is. Significant work was done to articulate a vision for campus planning in 2014. The campaign committee has advanced this initial strategic work to yield an inspirational, cost efficient and effective plan for the campus that includes the following elements:
- relocation of the preschool to the Xavier Room
- refurbishment and repurposing of the parish building to create open, modern, community space on the first floor,
- redesign of the second floor of the parish building to create more modern and efficient workstations better suited to the needs of office staff,
- construction of an expanded gym/community center to accommodate new learning and meeting spaces,
- new and more accessible kitchen facilities,
- an open and inviting multi-purpose atrium space,
- four new classrooms to better meet the current needs of our school and PREP programs
dedicated music/arts space
- a library/multimedia center equipped for the technology and presentation needs of our many learning constituents.
These newly defined spaces will work harder and better for our many ministries, our vibrant PREP program and our thriving school. St. Francis is particularly excited to introduce inviting and accessible community space to its current parish office building, offering a more natural extension for congregation and fellowship in close proximity to the church.
The school and parish communities are grateful to the many parishioners who have donated and provided input. Parish commitments to Haiti and to the Archdiocese’s To Teach Who Christ Is campaign are fully funded. With this in mind, gifts pledged to SFX’s Faith in Action will stay right here at St. Francis to provide the facilities deserving of our vibrant, active parish and school. We are excited about what this transformation of our campus will provide our parish and school communities with regard to how we learn, teach, serve and minister.
If you are interested in learning more, or would like to join us for a small group or one-on-one presentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the committee’s priority to make this information accessible to all members of our school and parish communities.
A list of committee members and contact information can be found below.
FAITH IN ACTION COMMITTEE
Treasurer, Tony Krizman (email@example.com)
Coleen Barrett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Claire Belton, email@example.com
Karen Holmberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rich & Bridget Kirkendall, email@example.com
Jeff Later, firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Maguire, email@example.com
Josh & Joann Teuber, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Vallace, email@example.com
Pete Marino, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack McDonagh, email@example.com
Paul Pasin, firstname.lastname@example.org