The Archdiocese of Chicago requires that all parents who wish to volunteer during the 2019-2020 school year (chaperoning field trips, helping with holiday parties, serving as room parents, coaching, etc.) attend mandatory VIRTUS training prior to volunteering at our school. If you have already attended a VIRTUS training through another school or parish (or through our Wilmette parish/schools), then you do not need to take any action at this time. If you have NOT attended VIRTUS training in the past, you may register for upcoming sessions here. Please note the following upcoming training opportunities close to home:
- August 27th at 6pm, St. Athanasius in Evanston
- September 3rd at 7pm, Holy Cross in Deerfield
- September 16th at 6pm, Ss. Faith, Hope and Charity in Winnetka
- September 16th at 6:30pm, St. Norbert in Northbrook
- September 17th at 6pm, St. Athanasius in Evanston
- September 21st at 9am, St. Norbert in Northbrook
You may register online for an upcoming session at any Chicago-area parish of your choosing. Advanced online registration is required in order to attend VIRTUS sessions, so be sure to visit virtusonline.org prior to attending training. Learn more about VIRTUS training here.
In addition to this one-time only Virtus Training session, all volunteers must complete an Archdiocesan background check and sign a Code of Conduct. Paperwork and directions will be available in the school office this fall. Thank you!