This year’s Spring Book Fair is scheduled for June 6th-8th (with orders through the SFX Library accepted beginning June 5th) at The Book Stall in Winnetka. A full 20% of your purchase benefits SFX School – be sure to tell The Book Stall that you are shopping for St. Francis Xavier to claim our library credits! We promise lots of fun, including an exciting raffle for all those who visit the store and submit an entry form (one per child, please!). Prizes will be awarded to individual entries and to the class with the highest attendance. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
This year we encourage families to stock up on summer reading titles – just in time for the start of summer vacation! Middle School students should also check here to learn which required summer reading books can be purchased this week at the fair. Hours for the fair are:
AT THE BOOK STALL IN WINNETKA
June 6th-7th from 9:30am-7pm
June 8th from 9:30am-6pm
AT THE SFX SCHOOL LIBRARY
June 5th from 3-4pm
June 6th from 8-9am, 11am-1pm, & 2:30-4pm
June 7th from 8-9am, 11am-1 pm, & 2:30-4pm
June 8th from 8-9am, 11am-1 pm, & 2:30-4pm
Please make note of several highlights this year:
- Preschool-2nd grade families are invited to join Mrs. Sawyer and Mrs. Larkin for a Sleepytime Storyhour at The Book Stall in Winnetka on Wednesday, June 6th at 6:30pm. Don’t miss this fun evening – please join us in your PJs!
- SFX hosts author Liesl Shurtliff on campus on Friday, June 8th. Ms. Shurtliff will speak with our 3rd-5th grade students about her newest book, Grump. If your child would like an autographed book, please fill out this order form and return it to the library no later than June 5th. A portion of book order proceeds will benefit the SFX library.
- Please bring your gently used books to the SFX Spring Book Fair! All donated books will be delivered to Bernie’s Book Bank, an organization that provides books to Chicago area low-income children who don’t have their own books at home to read. Learn more about Bernie’s Book Bank here. Books will be collected in the library during the SFX Book Fair.
- Incoming 6th-8th grade students (currently in 5th, 6th and 7th grades) are encouraged to purchase summer required reading titles through the fair. Learn more here. Please note that further instructions and detail regarding required summer reading assignments will follow the week of June 11th.
- Don’t have time to visit the SFX Library or The Book Stall during store hours? We’ll bring your orders to SFX for pick up at your convenience! Download this order form and return it with payment to the school library or main office the week of the fair.
- Please take a moment to sign up for a volunteer slot at this year’s fair here.
DOWNLOAD A FLYER DOWNLOAD THE BOOK FAIR ORDER FORM DOWNLOAD A LIESEL SHURTLIFF ORDER FORM VISIT LIESL SHURTLIFF'S WEBSITE VISIT THE BOOK STALL ONLINE VOLUNTEER TO BE A PARENT REP AT THE BOOK FAIR