The Health and Safety Committee is comprised of committed school parents, parishioners and administrators with expertise in the medical, facilities and education fields.
The committee has organized its reopening campaign around the theme Get Ready: Screen (temperature + symptom checks), Shield (mask wearing), Sanitize (clean hands, masks + surfaces), Space (social distancing practices). Comprehensive health and safety plans are being designed and delivered in the following four supportive sections.UPDATED COVID GUIDANCE LEARN ABOUT OUR FOCUS ON INDOOR AIR QUALITY AIR PLAN FACT SHEET
UPDATED TRAVEL GUIDANCE FROM THE ARCHDIOCESE
Adjusted Quarantine Period for Travel (as of 1.14.21)
After consultation with state and local health departments, as well as our own medical advisors, we are making an adjustment to quarantine periods for travel. The following guidelines are in immediate effect for all schools (no matter their location):
- Quarantine periods for all domestic travel (travel out of Illinois) is now ten (10) days.
- Quarantine periods may be shortened to seven (7) days if individuals present a written negative COVID-19 test result. The test must be administered no longer than 72 hours prior to arrival back in the state. Only written results are accepted (a verbal confirmation does not suffice).
- This guidance can be applied retroactively to any out-of-state travel that occurred in early January. This may enable certain families to return to in-person learning who were unable to return to Illinois by Jan. 4.
- This guidance does supersede the information released in the recent Parent Newsletter. We are doing our best to remain on top of frequently changing guidance from health authorities.
- Quarantines for international travel quarantine remain 14 days.
- Quarantines for COVID-19 exposure cases also remain 14-days (based upon the recommendation of all departments of public health in those jurisdictions in which the archdiocese operates and our own medical advisors).
THE ABC’S OF EXPOSURE
Families are asked to keep in mind the following terminology around the A, B’s and C’s of COVID-19 exposure to help keep our community safe!ABC'S OF COVID-19 EXPOSURE
GET READY: TO WEAR A MASK!
Keeping your family’s health a top priority, the Health and Safety Committee diligently tracks new research and updates as they become available. Most recently, studies on the effectiveness of neck gaiters have come to our attention. While neck gaiters cover the entire front of the face (nose, mouth, chin, and neck), they are not scientifically proven by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to prevent you from: (1) contracting a virus/disease/illness or (2) passing a virus/disease/illness to someone else. Due to this new information, we have removed neck gaiters from the list of school-approved face coverings.7.30.20 GET READY! TO WEAR A MASK (READ ABOVE FOR NEW GUIDANCE ON GAITERS) MASK REQUIREMENTS EXPLAINED
The Health and Safety Committee recommends a copper infused mask for those seeking the added safety of copper’s antimicrobial properties. Parents with questions are invited to contact Nurse Jody Weschler at email@example.com.LEARN MORE HERE REGARDING THE BENEFITS OF COPPER FIBER INFUSION VIEW/PURCHASE COPPERHEAD MASKS
GET READY: HOME SCREENING!8.5.20 GET READY! HOME SCREENING SCREENING AT HOME
COVID FACT SHEET HOMESCREENING PATHWAY
GET READY: A DAY AT SCHOOL!8.21.20 GET READY! A DAY AT SCHOOL
GET READY: ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL!8.27.20 GET READY! ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL
Updates from the Health and Safety Committee are added here as they are published. Thank you for your partnership as we work together to ensure a healthy and safe back-to-school transition across both our Saints JFX campuses.
Questions regarding the reopening process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.